- 17.11.2019; 17:00 Концерт «Памяти маэстро» абонемента классической и современной музыки «Брависсимо»
- 18.11.2019; 19:00 Концерт швейцарского ансамбля «Vortex»
- 22.10.2019; 15:00 Концерт молодежного «Sofia-ensemble» Центра С.Губайдулиной Международного музыкального фестиваля «МузТранзит: Восток-Запад»
- 30.09.2019; 18:00 Концерт к 80-летию Союза композиторов РТ и 10-летию молодежной секции композиторов МолОт
- 18.09.2019; 18:30 Гала-концерт XIV Международного фестиваля новой музыки "Европа-Азия"
- 17.09.2019; 15:00 XIV Международный фестиваль новой музыки "Европа-Азия". Камерный концерт в зале Союза Композиторов
Центр современной музыки Софии ГубайдулинойАнонсы мероприятий
Rules of International Competition of Young Composers named after Sofia Gubaidulina Kazan 2020-2021
1. General rules:
1.1. The International Competition of Young Composers ( Further Competition) is dedicated to the 90th anniversary of the outstanding contemporary composer Sofia Gubaidulina.
1.2. The competition is held as part of the UNESCO International Project Network of Creative Cities.
1.3. The objectives of the Competition:
- forming an interest in contemporary ( modern) academic music and the works of young composers in Russia and abroad;
- identification of talented young composers working in the genres of modern academic music;
-promotion and support of young composers - participants of the competition;
- Establishment the creative contacts between composers and performers;
- expansion of the repertoire ,performed by the professional musical collectives.
1.4. Dates of the competition - from June 1, 2020 to March 1, 2021
2. Founders of the competition
The founders of the Competition are:
- The City Hall of Kazan
- The Department of Culture of Kazan
- The Center of Contemporary Music of Sofia Gubaidulina
- The Union of Composers of Russia
- The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Tatarstan
3. Conditions of the Competition for young composers (age 19 - 38 years)
3.1. The competition can be attended by professional composers, students and graduated students of composer’s departments of specialized secondary and secondary educational institutions from 19 to 38 years old (the year of birth is not earlier than January 1, 1982).
3.2. The competition consists of three nominations:
3.2.1. 1 nomination – «Composition for orchestra» (not more than 8 minutes):
- compositions for a small symphony orchestra:
1 flute, 1 oboe, 1 clarinet, 1 bassoon, 2 horns, 1 trumpet, 1 trombone, piano, 13 strings (8 violins, 2 violas, 2 violoncello, 1 double bass);
- for chamber string orchestra:
12 violins, 4 viola, 3 cello, 2 double bass, piano;
- for an orchestra of folk instruments:
2 violins, 2 small domras, 3 alto domras, alto saxophone, clarinet, flute, 3 button accordions, 1 prima balalaika, 1 electro-acoustic guitar, 1 bass guitar, drum kit standard acoustic complete with bass drum, percussion.
3.2.2. 2 nomination – «Composition for chamber ensemble» (no less than three instruments, no more,than 5 minutes):
flute, clarinet, violin, cello, piano.
3.2.3. 3 nomination – «Vocal composition» (song or romance) accompanied by an orchestra (chamber, string or folk instruments) no more than 8 minutes.
3.3. Each participant can send no more than one essay to the competition.
3.4. The application of the participant (see Appendix 1) and the competitive essay must be sent not later, than November 20, 2020 on the e-mail address:email@example.com indicating " To the competition named after S. Gubaidulina."
3.5. Competitive essay must be sent in the form of:
- scores with voices in PDF format, signed with a password (the author’s data should not be on the title page of the work);
- MP3 audio file must be signed with a password.
4. General procedure for the competition
4.1. The competition is allowed works that were not performed in public concerts, not published and did not receive prizes in other competitions.
4.2. The Competition is provided by the Organizing Committee and the jury of the Competition.
4.3. The organizing committee does not bring information about the author to the jury until a final decision .
4.4. The jury of the Competition considers the entries based on the sent score and digital audio recording in mp3 format;
4.5. The competition is held in 2 rounds:
- the first round (qualifying, absentee) is held from November 20, 2020 to November 30, 2020 .;
- second round (in absentia) – from December 1, 2020. to December 10, 2020.
4.6. The jury decides on the winners of the contest by secret ballot. Winners are determined by a simple majority of the votes cast for the essay.
4.7. The decision of the jury on the winners of the competition is announced in the media and on the websites of the Founder of the competition not later than December 15, 2020.
5. Encouragement of the winners
5.1. The winners of the competition are awarded with diplomas of laureates of I, II, III degree and cash prizes in each nomination.
5.2. Cash prizes:
Nomination - Composition for orchestra
1 bonus – 80 000 rub.
2 bonus - 60 000 rub.
3 bonus – 40 000 rub.
Nomination - Composition for chamber ensemble
1 bonus – 40 000 rub.
2 bonus - 30 000 rub.
3 bonus – 20 000 rub.
Nomination - Vocal composition
1 bonus – 12 000 rub.
2 bonus - 10 000 rub.
3 bonus – 8 000 rub.
5.2. Compositions of laureates of I, II, III degree will be performed at the Gala concert in Kazan performed by the New Music Chamber Orchestra, the La Primavera Chamber Orchestra, the Kazan Folk Orchestra, soloists of Kazan and the Moscow Ensemble of Contemporary Music in February 2021. (the exact date will be announced later).
5.3. Winner of the first prizes in the ensemble nomination will be invited to the International Academy of Young Composers in September 2021 to the Tchaikovsky city.
5.4. The jury has the right to mark interesting scores with participant’s diplomas and recommend them for execution.
6. Other conditions
6.1. Participants transfer to the Organizing Committee non-exclusive rights to use works written for the competition (performance, recording, promotion of the Competition in the Internet and other Media ).
6.2. The living expenses and meals for the winners of the competition - the participants of the Gala concert in Kazan are borne by the hosting party.
Organizing Committee Address:
Center of Contemporary Music S. Gubaidulina
420111, Kazan, st. Telmana, 29
Tel./fax 8 (843) 230-40-68, 230-41-22
CCM of S. Gubaidulina: www.centrsofia.com
The Union of Composers of the Russian Federation: www.unioncomposers.ru
UNESCO website: http://en.unesco.org/creative-cities/